I’ve written a lot of articles on how to EMF radiation, and strategies to protect yourself and your family, but today I wanted to answer the broader question of, “What is EMF protection?”
Well, Wikipedia defines EMF Shielding as : “The practice of reducing the electromagnetic field in a space by blocking the field with barriers made of conductive or magnetic materials.”
But when we’re defining EMF protection, we also get to the more complete sense of protecting ones self from the harmful nature of Electromagnetic Radiation through preventative and active measures.
Let’s dive into this a bit deeper.
What Is EMF Protection?
Well, first we need to talk about why you should even care about EMF protection, so lets do a quick iceberg flyover and talk about just a few of the reasons.
Why EMF Radiation Is Harmful
People are gaining an increasing understanding of just how harmful EMF radiation is. The frequency waves given off by your cell phone, iPad, television, router, and more causes damage to your DNA and produces a myriad of symptoms. These symptoms include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Severe headaches
- Fatique – Most common is fatigue even after what seemed like a full, or restfull nights sleep, or fatigue that persists through the day.
- Trouble Sleeping – This one is extremely common, as peoples bedrooms have become a hotbed for EMF radiation. From cell-phones next to the bed, metal spring mattresses acting as antennas, to dirty electricity, EMF radiation while we sleep is extremely common. In fact I wrote a whole article about how to rid your bedroom of EMFs and finally get a restful nights sleep, check it out here.
- Tinnitus – More commonly known as just ringing in the ears, it doesn’t always present as a ringing. Tinnitus is defined as the hearing of a consistent sound when no such external sound is present, and can actually present as a hissing, a clicking, a roaring, or a number of other sounds. This is common with severe Electo-hypersensitivity.
- Brain Fog – or cognitive decline, it is noticeable when you feel that your memory has been declining, or you’re having trouble recalling names, or places or events. It is also noticeable if you are having a tough time concentrating. Some scientists believe that the dramatic rise in Alzheimers Disease can be partially attributed to EMF damage and our wireless age. A study conducted at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health found that the number of individuals suffering from Alzheimers is likely to triple by the year 2050.
- Frequent infection and illness
- Chest Pain and Heart Palpitations – Often seen in patients with EHS, or any reaction to the EMFs around them, the feeling is similar to angina, when bloodflow is restricted to the heart. Less severe, but still symptomatic can be a fluttering or racing heartbeat.
- Skin Reactions – Some people react with irritations to the skin like redness, tingling, or even a rash. This is most commonly present in the face and upper arms, but can present nearly anywhere on the body.
For more on symptoms of EMF radiation, check out my full post here.
EMF Radiation Increases Cancer Risks
EMF Radiation from cell phones and other devices has been shown in hundreds of studies to increase cancer risks, a few of those would be:
- Increased risk of brain cancers like from exposure to magneitc eld. Villeneuve et al., 2002
- Increased risk of brain tumors especially in use over 10 years . Prasad et al., 2017
- Increased risk of brain cancer, especially on the same side of the head as cell phone . Bortkiewicz et al., 2017
- Increased risk of brain tumors . Myung et al., 2009
- Increased risks of glioma . Carlberg and Hardell, 2012
- Probable association of brain cancer and cell phone use. . Coureau et al., 2014
- Glioma and acoustic neuroma should be often considered to be caused by cell phone radiation . Carlberg and Hardell, 2013
- Cell phone radiation causes brain tumors and should likely be classified as a Class 2 Carcinogen. Morgan et al., 2015
Obviously, increased risk of cancer is only one major health concern, check out the rest of the posts in the Knowledge section of EMF Academy for more articles on this.
Basics of EMF protection
The best thing you can do to protect yourself from harmful EMF radiation, is to start by getting rid of the sources. For this, I would recommend the following articles that all have fantastic detailed tips to do this around your home and office:
Or, if you really want a detailed guide, I would check out Nicolas Pineault’s “A Non-Tinfoil Guide To EMFs” (This one does cost a few bucks, but is a comprehensive e-book”
After you get through reading some or all of these you should have a pretty good understanding of some of the best ways you can protect yourself from EMF radiation.
Some people also tout EMF shields and devices. In my experience, some of these work well, and some I really don’t have a good way of knowing. You can check what is available on Amazon by clicking Here, but just be sure to take time to read through the reviews and do your own research about the product before putting your trust in it.
In case you didn’t want to check out any of the posts above, and you’re still wondering “what is EMF protection,” i’ll just list out a few of my favorite EMF protection tips here:
- Turn your cell phone off at night, or if you use it for your alarm, put it in airplane mode.
- If possible get rid of wireless in your home and connect your computers via Ethernet.
- Get rid of your microwave.
- Protect yourself from your Smart Meter, as these are extremely dangerous
- Limit you and your families use of cell phones, tablets, and laptop computers.
- When using your cell phone, try to use speakerphone or headphones, don’t use your cellphone against your head.
There are so many more to list, so if you’re still interested check out some of the articles I listed above.
I hope my article about “What is EMF Protection” was helpful for you, if so please consider sharing it!
Win A Free EMF Meter!
Sign up below for your chance to win 1 of 5
Meterk EMF Meters I'll be giving away May
You'll also receive my top 10 EMF Protection tips,
and be signed up for the EMF Academy Newsletter!