When it comes to the dangers of EMF radiation, one of the places people are most concerned about, is their home. Obviously this is super understandable, as this is where we spend so much of our time.
However, protecting ourselves from sources of EMF radiation in our home can actually be a bit complicated, because there are so many ways that we could be exposing ourselves. So, not only do we need to determine those sources, but we also have to prioritize which ones are most dangerous, and what strategies and EMF protection products are best for reducing our exposure.
So, in this article, I’ll be walking you through all of those things so that you can make practical decisions to reduce the electromagnetic radiation in your home.
I’ll also be going over why I’m so excited about products from a company called Aires Tech
First, let’s quickly talk about why this an important subject.
Why Should I Protect My Home From EMF Radiation?
Over the last few decades, technology in the home has been accelerating at an insane pace. Although things like super-fast WiFi routers, Bluetooth, smart TVs, smart meters, and app-controlled lights make our homes much more convenient, they also have the side effect of blanketing our entire home with EMF radiation.
I’m not going to go in-depth in this article about why EMF radiation is dangerous and the specific health effects, because I already have dozens of articles that cover this in my knowledge section.
However, the basic idea is that research has shown us that long-term exposure to EMF radiation from devices like cell-phones, WiFi, power lines, laptops, tablets, etc. can result in serious harmful effects on the human body.
Long-term exposure specifically, especially at close proximity can not only increase our chances of getting certain cancers but also can result in dozens of health issues such as:
- Fatigue – Most recognizable is fatigue even after what seemed like a full, or restful night’s sleep, or fatigue that persists through the day.
- Trouble Sleeping – This one is extremely common, as people’s bedrooms have become a hotbed for EMF radiation. From cell-phones next to the bed, metal spring mattresses acting as antennas, to dirty electricity, EMF radiation while we sleep is extremely common. In fact, I wrote a whole article about how to rid your bedroom of EMFs and finally get a restful night’s sleep, check it out here.
- Tinnitus – More commonly known as just ringing in the ears, it doesn’t always present as a ringing. Tinnitus is defined as the hearing of a consistent sound when no such external sound is present, and can actually present as a hissing, a clicking, a roaring, or a number of other sounds. This is common with severe Electo-hypersensitivity.
- Brain Fog – or cognitive decline, it is noticeable when you feel that your memory has been declining, or you’re having trouble recalling names, or places, or events. It is also noticeable if you are having a tough time concentrating. Some scientists believe that the dramatic rise in Alzheimer’s Disease can be partially attributed to EMF damage and our wireless age. A study conducted at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health found that the number of individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s is likely to triple by the year 2050.
- Chest Pain and Heart Palpitations – Often seen in patients with EHS, or any reaction to the EMFs around them, the feeling is similar to angina, when blood flow is restricted to the heart. Less severe, but still symptomatic can be a fluttering or racing heartbeat.
- Skin Reactions – Some people react with irritations to the skin like redness, tingling, or even a rash. This is most commonly present in the face and upper arms but can present nearly anywhere on the body.
One of the things we now understand about EMF exposure, is that the damage is cumulative, which means any reductions we can make will ultimately go a long way towards improving our health and well-being.
So, the reason that you, and many others, are likely concerned about EMF protection for your home, is that you understand that other than cell-phone radiation, the radiation sources in our home is our greatest concern.
Now, before we go to the next section, I want to mention that I do have another article, that if you’re really wanting to dive deep, could be helpful, called Whole House EMF Protection. That article is over 6,000 words long and can be a little overwhelming. So, if you’re not ready for that, then continue reading, as I’ll be covering quick, simple, practical things you can do today to protect your home from EMF radiation.
Best Product For EMF Protection
Normally I’d go over strategies before products, but I think in this case, there are some products that we should really talk about first, as they are the quickest and simplest win you can have when it comes to protecting your house from EMF radiation.
See Aires Tech EMF Protection Products Here.
I first want to talk about a company that I’ve been just so excited about, and that is Aires Tech (who I featured heavily in my recent article on protecting against 5G).
If you want to dive deep into why I like Aires Tech as a company so much (especially in comparison to so many other companies), then I’d encourage you to read my full review here. In that review I go in-depth about how Aires Tech has spent millions having their products independently tested, scientifically proven, peer-reviewed, and patented.
You see, as more people become aware of harmful EMF radiation, more companies keep entering the market to take advantage. However, these companies don’t actually take the time to innovate solutions and products that work, they are just trying to get to market as quick as possible.
That is not the case with Aires Tech, who actually is a company with integrity and transparency. So, if you want to learn more about Aires Tech or how their products work, be sure to read that review.
Now, let’s talk quickly about some of their products and why I think they are the best for EMF protection for your home.
Aires Lifetune Room
Aires Tech has three products, but the one we want to focus on for the home is the Aires Lifetune Room.
The Aires Lifetune Room is the most powerful product in their line, and honestly the best value for your money.
It is also the single best product that they have, and one of the best products you’ll find anywhere, for home EMF protection because of it’s large radius.
Whereas the Shield Pro is meant to protect you from a single device, and the Defender Pro is meant to protect a single person, the Aires Lifetune Room is meant to protect a large space such as an:
- Server Room
- Children’s Room
- Living Room
Or just about anything else. In fact it has a protective area of 500 square feet. This means that the Aires Lifetune Room was developed to actually reduce the harmful effects of EMF radiation (including 5G) in a large space.
Although the full line of products are a fantastic way to reduce your overall exposure to EMF radiation, the Aires Lifetune Room is certainly the best value when it comes to the square feet of protection for your money.
Now, you might be thinking to yourself that you’ll need many of these to protect your home, and although you certainly could do that, I’d encourage you to first consider just placing one in the area or areas where you spend the most time.
So, if your home has a fairly open floor plan for example, and you spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen and living room, a single Lifetune Room could easily protect this whole space.
This will reduce the harmful effects from cell-towers and cell-phones, RF radiation from devices like your wireless router, smart devices like your TV or Alexa device, and anything else that emits harmful electromagnetic radiation or radio frequency radiation.
As an EMF protection product, it could not be simpler to use. You simply place it in a central location in an area where you spend the most time, and you’ll immediately benefit from the protection it provides, that is literally it.
Hopefully now you can see why I wanted to mention it first. Although purchasing products isn’t an absolute must when it comes to protecting from EMF sources in our home, it can be one of the quickest and simplest ways to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
Aires Tech does have a few other fantastic products, such as their Aires Shield Pro that is great for wireless devices such as your mobile phone or tablet, as well as their Defender Pro, which is fantastic for personal EMR protection. To learn more about their products or purchase some for yourself, visit the Aires Tech website here.
Now that we’ve talked about one of my absolute favorite home EMF protection devices, lets go over some some simple and effective ways you can reduce electromagnetic fields in your home.
EMF Protection For Your Home – Simple Strategies That Work
I’ve written dozens of articles that go into specific detail about protecting yourself from certain products or sources of EMF radiation, however, I want to focus this section on simple and inexpensive things you can do to protect yourself today.
1. Get An EMF Meter
This is the most important tool for anyone that cares about their exposure to EMF radiation. Not only will it allow you to see exactly how much radiation is being emitted from things like your WiFi router, but it will also let you know how well your solutions are working.
If you’re worried about EMF protection for your home, this is the one tool you absolutely need if you want to actually make, and see, a difference.
For example, if you purchase the WiFi router guard I talk about below, you can actually test the difference that it is making!
The best EMF meter by far, in my opinion, is the Trifield TF2. It is very accurate, detects all three kinds of EMF radiation, and is simple to use. It also is able to measure nearly all currently installed 5G towers.
2. Protecting Your Bedroom From EMF Radiation
Our bedroom is one of the most important places to focus our EMF protection efforts, because it’s where we sleep, which means it is the place we spend the most time. This is why I wrote a whole article on how EMF radiation effects our sleep.
So, if you aren’t ready to try out an Aires Tech Lifetune Room yet, here are some simple ways to reduce the radiation in your bedroom.
1. Do SOMETHING about your cellphone – I hope that you know how dangerous the EMF radiation from your cell phone is, or at least have an understanding of how much radiation it produces. Suffice it to say, you don’t want to be sleeping right next to it. Unfortunately, at least in the United States, more than 50% of people sleep with their cell phones either under their pillow or on a nightstand next to their bed.
Now I get it, many people use it for an alarm (see a better solution here), but it is absolutely not worth the risk. So I’ve broken down possible solutions to this problem into good/better/best options.
Good option: Put your cellphone on airplane mode, and put it across the room. This will still allow it to function as an alarm but will reduce your exposure to its radiation to almost none.
Better Option: Put your cellphone in the same place, but just turn it off and get a simple mechanical alarm clock like this one.
Best Option: Just get in the habit of having your bedroom be a cellphone-free place, and don’t even bring it in.
2. Get Better Lighting – Get rid of the harsh lighting in your room, and certainly get rid of the compact fluorescent light bulbs. Not only are these lights shown to interrupt our sleep patterns, but they can also affect our health. On top of that CFLs is a major contributor to dirty electricity (which we’ll talk about in its own section down below).
You’ll be much better off sticking to simple incandescent light bulbs.
3. Protect Your Bedroom From Ambient EMF – I’ve written quite a few articles about how much ambient EMF radiation enters our home through dirty electricity, nearby power lines, smart meters, cell towers, and much more. Each one of these dangers has it’s own best defense strategies, many of which I’ll talk about down below. So to keep this tip brief, I just want to talk about one of the best things you can do for your bedroom, and that is getting a faraday canopy for your bed.
Now, you could always protect your bedroom with an enormous amount of EMF protection paint, but this is extremely costly and comes with its own risks (many people do not properly ground, also it will not protect from radiation inside your home).
So the best option is to get a canopy for your bed. Now they are quite costly for the most part, but they do work extremely well. It is essentially just a large net made of a material that is capable of blocking radiation entirely. The way it accomplishes this is that it is made of a blocking metal, with holes smaller than the shortest wavelength of the radiation, thus keeping it out entirely.
Many people report significantly improved sleep inside of an EMF protection canopy, and it eliminates having to do many of these other steps, as you’ll be almost entirely protected.
3. Reduce Your WiFi Radiation
WiFi is one of our largest RF radiation exposures, and one of the most important things to protect ourselves from.
Although WiFi is super convenient in the home, there are some simple things we can do to protect ourselves and reduce our risk.
Turn It Off At Night
The ideal solution would be not having WiFi, and a hardwiring computer in your home, but for many people, the inconvenience of this is too great to bear, and I get it. So, consider at least turning it off at night, either manually, or by getting this simple mechanical outlet timer.
With the outlet timer, just set a time period, like 11 PM to 7 PM, and it will automatically disconnect, and reconnect, the router between these times.
Get A WiFi Router Guard
I have been talking about WiFi router guards more and more lately it seems like, and honestly, it’s for good reason. I truly think it is one of the best EMF protection products on the market.
Essentially it is a small faraday cage, just large enough to fit your WiFi router. The metal mesh blocks about 90% of the RF radiation emitted from your router, and only results in a range reduction of around 10%. It doesn’t seem to reduce your speed at all.
Basically, you’re getting all the goodness your WiFi router normally provides, with only a fraction of the risk.
Protecting our home from EMF radiation is one of the most important things we can do. There are tons of ways to do this, but nothing will ever be better than simply reducing our use of devices that emit this radiation.
I understand that as technology continues to move forward this gets harder and harder, but as it does, I’ll continue to be here to help guide you through it.
If you have any questions about the things I talked about in this article, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me and I’ll do absolutely everything I can to help.